Friday 29 May 2020

Lessons I learned about making money


                   




 By Bayo Ogunmupe
    This testimony is about what I learned from reading "You Were Born Rich" by Bob Proctor. I was actually attracted to the book at a bend-down book vendor's stall in front of the Lagos General Post Office by the name of the author. The first time I came into contact with word 'proctor' I asked for its meaning from my English master, an English man who told me 'warden' is its synonym. Later, I discovered both words have ancient history behind them. And I have always been fascinated by Ancient History. As the first child of my father, an only son, I was spoiled with money gifts in my early life. I always had enough of it. Besides, both of my parents have always worked full time running their businesses. Moreover my mum was always ready to part with any cash to keep me and my friends near her, away from miscreants around town.
    So tending money characterized my childhood. Though I was living a great life then, I was always economical. In the political economy of my adolescence, I appreciated money, because it could buy you anything, with bicycles and servants among them. Since my friends valued me for my generosity, I became interested in making more money than people I was surrounded by. So, when I stumbled on the book: You Were Born Rich, I thought the book is only about money, it's not. It is about how to excel in life. Proctor's You Were Born Rich is one of the few books that show the scientific perspective about motivation and law of attraction and manifestation. It also teaches how to apply the laws of attraction and manifestation. Here, you will find the most powerful lessons about mindset, money, and the abundant life.
    "Success is not always 'reaching out' for something that you don't have but rather only 'reaching over' and rearranging the pieces already there." This sentence I am highlighting I found quite thought provoking. For me, reaching over and rearranging the pieces means you must reflect examine yourself. It is saying the diamond you are searching for in Sokoto is at your backyard. The passage is telling you that you are looking for outside is within you. Since you have everything, you only need to open your eyes, grab the pieces and put them together.
      Freedom isn't cheap. I believe the desire for freedom is a most prized longing. There is hardly anyone who wouldn't want to be free. The wish to live in a particular location, financial freedom, being your own boss and many others are the desires of the majority. However, all those who enjoy the perks of freedom invested heavily to get there. Sleepless nights, mounds of risks, loss of friends and empty social lives are but a few of sacrifices they needed to make. If you are going to live life the way you want it, you must pay the high price. And this doesn't come easy; although the rewards are phenomenal.
    Meanwhile, money will have a greater influence on you

No comments:

Post a Comment

A CREED TO LIVE BY

Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us are special. Don'...